Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm back and playing catch up...

Hi all!  Sorry for the prolonged absence.  HI Family Camp went very well!  We had a rootin' tootin' good time exploring the Wild West.  Here are a few pictures of the decorations that I made (the sign and the cacti):


I also finished up a wedding invitation calligraphy order right before camp started.  It turned out really nice!  I did script for the addressee's names and block text for the address, which was requested by the bride.  Here's a sample of an address I did:

Now to what I usually post about...flowers!!!  We have some beautiful cala lilies blooming in our garden.  This year some of the blooms have developed a blush around their edges, which absolutely stunning!



And last, but not least, on the Fourth of July my family and I were able to get together with my husband's extended family.  I was the family photographer for the day (for most of the time).  This picture of my husband and I was taken by my husband, since he has longer arms than I do ;) 

It was such a blessing to spend the day with my husband's family.  We had tons of food...check out this delicious-looking (and tasting!) angel food cake...

And my son "bonded" with his cousins...(my son has the green cone and is reaching for the blue cone)...
Hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing Fourth of July! Did you get to see any fireworks?  Spend time with family and friends?

One last thing...this weekend (July 9th and 10th) is the 4th annual Jane Austen Festival in Louisville, Kentucky.  I am volunteering as the tent coordinator and Children's tea photographer while also participating in a play and style show.  I'm going to be quite busy this weekend!

If you are interested in more information, please see the JASNA-Greater Louisville Region's website: www.jasnalouisville.com.  You can register for the festival and events on the website.  Here's our festival poster for more information:
Well, I think that concludes my catch up post.  I will have new flower photographs and Jane Austen festival photos up next week!  Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment