Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fabric for Sale over at Spoonflower!

Ever since the show "Project Runway" had their designers create the design for their own fabric, I have been eager to find out how to do that.  Project Runway Season 9 started last week, which I am THRILLED!  I love that show!  Makes me want to dust off my sewing machine and make something beautiful...

Getting back to my quest for fabric making...I decided to look online to see if there are any programs or services available to make fabric from photographs and lo and behold, Spoonflower, was my answer.  I LOVE this site!  It's really easy to upload photographs and change the layout to create beautiful fabric.  My favorite layout is "mirror repeat."  It give the image a kaleidoscope effect.  Also, you can sell your fabric through their site after purchasing test swatches of each of your designs.  I just got my first set of test swatches in the mail and I was very pleased at the quality and how the images translated onto fabric.  I'm excited for this new opportunity to share my work, but also a new outlet for my creativity.  Hopefully, soon, I'll have some textile items for sale in my Etsy shop...stay tuned!

Because Blogger doesn't like to embed code into my posts, here are the links to each of my Spoonflower fabric designs:
Astilbe
Scroll Work
Fall Blueberry
Smoke Bush

Happy Thursday!  Thanks for checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment