Monday, April 1, 2013

Birthday memories...

Last Friday was my birthday...and it was WONDERFUL!!  I had a great day with my family, had amazing food (The Exchange is fantastic!), and got a new pair of shoes  :) 

I've had some GREAT birthdays and I've had some not-so-great birthdays...this past one was definitely a GREAT birthday.  I was thinking about my other GREAT birthdays on Friday and one of my all time favorites was my 24th birthday.  At the time, I was living in Rockville, Maryland and teaching in Washington, D.C.  On my birthday day, I spent the afternoon and evening in D.C. walking around the Tidal Basin taking pictures of the cherry blossoms.  It was a perfect Spring day, and the trees were absolutely covered in blossoms...



The Tidal Basin was one of my favorite places to walk and take visiting friends.  I loved seeing all the monuments in reflection and framed by the beautiful trees...




The day ended with an incredible sunset and I rode back home on Metro listening to my favorite songs on my iPod...



Good memories :)  Looking forward to many more GREAT birthdays to come...

P.S.  All these photographs were taken on my
Canon point-and-shoot (may it rest in peace) and edited by me.


No comments:

Post a Comment