Monday, January 14, 2013

2012 review...Plus what's new in 2013

I am a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad blogger!  I said I was going to post about my 2012 year-in-review a while ago....and, well, I didn't.  Though, that pretty much sums up my 2012: behind on everything...blogging, 366 Project, photo/video editing, project creation, and more.  I did struggle quite a bit with being depressed about my work (sporadic sales, no feedback on my images, no time to finish projects, etc.) throughout the year.   I realized that sometimes I needed to take breaks and just breathe...

I did have some wonderful things happen in 2012...

1) I had my first large print (56x33) order...which was a learning experience and absolutely AMAZING!

2) I had a new gallery, Revelry Boutique Gallery, in Louisville start selling my photography...Mo, the gallery owner, is wonderful!!

3) I had my first international customer on Etsy...one of my prints is being displayed in Australia!

4) I had my first two sales on Society6...thank you to my first two customers! :)

5) And I had many wonderful customers in my Etsy and CafePress shops! 

6) I did complete my 366 Project (chronicled on my Facebook page and some on here), but I didn't quite meet the photo-a-day requirement.  I do have 366 images from this year that chronicle my interests and 2012.  One great thing that came out of my 366 Project is my "Stuffed Animal ABC Book" that I made for my son (which he still reads ALL the time!) and have for sale on Blurb.

I have MUCH to be thankful for and I am looking forward to all the exciting things that 2013 has in store :)

Speaking of 2013...I have been pretty busy so far!  I was invited to join a new team on Etsy called "Team Jabez."  It's a small group of Christian Etsy sellers devoted to praying and supporting each other and each others shops.  I'm very excited about developing new friendships, learning more about how to get my shop/work out there on Etsy, and promoting my teammates beautiful work!  Here are two treasuries that I created specifically for our team (click on the title below the picture to see it on Etsy):
L O V E
Still Waters



I am also working on a new product for my Etsy shop...more details to come!  Currently, I have a lot of items in my Etsy shop that are READY TO SHIP...certain 5x7 prints, 5x7 prints in textured blank cards, and a pillow.  I would love for you to stop by and check them out :) 

Well, I think that's all for now :)  More good things are coming soon...just have to find the time!  Thanks for reading!  Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment